Wednesday, April 21, 2010

missing the women in my life


I am about to leave on a business trip for a few days. I don't typically travel for my job, maybe once, or at the most, twice a year.

I love to travel, to see new things in new towns. But traveling for work has become less fun as I have gotten older and settled down. I am married now and have a child. Being away from my wife for a few days while traveling is less fun than traveling with her. I enjoy traveling with her for many reasons including the fact that she has a sense of direction and generally remembers when and where we are supposed to be somewhere.  But mostly because we have fun together. Now I also have to leave little A behind. She won't understand why I am not around. She will do things that she has never done before while I am gone. I know it is only a few days but at 5 1/2 months she does new things every day.

I will miss them both.

That being said there may be a plus side to traveling. Maybe I will get to sleep through the night. Past experiences at this annual meeting tell me I won't, but there is an outside chance I will.  I will get to hang out with some of my coworkers that I enjoy hanging out with and maybe get to talk about something other than A. Maybe it will be good to have a little break from the baby routine. It really is a lot of work.

I am trying to see the bright side. I will miss her so much. And my wife. Let's hope I find the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment