Saturday, May 15, 2010

First Ride of the Spring

For the past 3 or 4 years I have been riding my bike to work 3 or 4 times a week (sometimes 5) in the Spring, Summer and Fall.  I love riding to work so much.  It is great exercise, is faster than the bus and doesn't emit any harmful fumes into the air.

This year has gotten off to a late start.  The addition of the baby to our commuting routines (getting her ready and getting her to school before we commute) and the fact that I am a lot more tired in the morning have both contributed to the fact that I have yet to dust off the bike this Spring.

Tomorrow I have plans to go on a ride with a friend on the bike bath that runs directly behind our apartment.  We have lived here since last fall and I have yet to be on the bike path.  I have been on it prior to living at this apartment when it was a mile ride to get to it so it is funny to me that I haven't been since we moved in and it is now just 50 feet from our back door. 

It should be an interesting ride since I haven't done any sort of physically activity since the baby was born and I am very out of shape. 

I will let you know how it goes, and how sore I am, in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment