Saturday, May 29, 2010

My New Mac

I recently got a new computer at work.  It is a MacBook Pro and I am running windows 7 on a Bootcamp partition.  The great thing about the new lines of Macs is that you can run Windows on it if you really need to so you are getting 2 computers for the price of one (plus the cost of the Windows operating system).

I received my computer and was amazed at how easy it was to get up and running in the Windows operating system.  Bootcamp simply asks you how large you would like to partition your drive, asks you to insert the Windows install disk and the rest is just like setting up a new PC.  The only additional step is to insert the Mac OS disk when prompted so it can install of the drivers that you need to use the Mac hardware. From there you just use your computer(s) as normal holding down the "option" key during startup so you can choose if you want to boot as a Mac or PC.

This is also the first time I am using Windows 7.  I jumped straight from xp to 7 and I couldn't be happier.  It is faster, more stable and once you get used to the look and feel, it is much more easy to use.

I haven't come across any problems using Windows on my Mac or using Windows 7 but I have only been using it for a few days.  I will keep you posted on any problems or glitches I run into but so far (knock on wood) I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment